Friday, August 29, 2008

Shots, Shots, and More Shots!

Today was Jack's nine month check up . . . everything checked out great and he is right on schedule! He had to get 2 shots today . . . which is better that 4. . . but it still hurts (me and him)! Jack did very well . . . he fussed for just minute, but as soon as I picked him up and loved on him a bit he was fine :) The hardest part was what came next. . . Drew had to get all his school entry shots! 4 booster shots and a TB skin test! WOW. . .is all I have to say. Shots are never easy, but they apparently get harder the older you get! I had tried to prepare him a little bit for the shots . . he knew that he was getting them and that afterwards he would get a special treat from Target:) This worked fine at home, and even as we were entering the Dr. office . . . but things changed quickly when it became his turn! I had to hold him down . . . with Jack in the other arm . . . while he cried and screamed "he didn't want any more shots" It was absolutely heartbreaking. He was. . . just like Jack . . . fine once it was over. I gave him a few kisses and a big hug and told him what a brave boy he was! He was now ready to go to Target! He later told Brent that he was a big boy and that he only cried a little:) I was very proud of both my little guys today! Til next time. . . and I hope it is a long time from now!

No comments: