Monday, September 8, 2008

Poison Control!!!

Today started out like any ordinary day! After we dropped Drew off at school, Kendall, Jack and I went to Target:) Jack was sitting in the front on the shopping cart and I had convinced Kendall to sit in the big part of the cart, too. She was helping me "organize" some of the things we had picked up . . . it worked to keep her in the buggy:) I was looking at something and heard her coughing and gagging. I leaned over to check on her . . . she had her fingers in her mouth, still coughing . . . she gagged and then threw up. It did not take me but a secong to realize she was holding a travel size bottle of Germ-X (orange scented)! I am not one to over react, but I got a little freaked out. I am sure, in a somewhat loud voice, started asking her if she had put it in her mouth. She kept telling me "no", but I knew that she had. I kept on asking her . . . trying to make sure that was what really happened and she finally said "she had licked it off her hand." I was a little relieved that she had not turned up the little bottle and took a swig, but I was still scared. I called Brent. . . no answer, so I called my mom . . . I knew she would know what to do. Since I was standing in the middle of Target containing 2 kids, she called Poison Control for me. They basically said, since it was a small amount and she threw it up immediately that it should be fine. I was to wait about 15-20 minutes to let het drink anything and that was that . . .Crisis averted!!! I will have to say that I do not think Kendall will ever lick Germ-X off of her hand again . . .at least I hope she does not. We had a long talk later on today about things we put in our mouths and things we should NOT put in there . . . hopefully she was listening . . . she is just 2 1/2! Heed my WARNING . . .Germ-X does not taste good and quickly induces vomiting if ingested (at least in our case!)

No comments: