Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Day to Always Remember!

It is hard to envision yourself growing old. . . as I think back to events in my life, many of them seen like "only yesterday" but the reality is that it has been 5-10-even 15 years since they have occured. Where has the time gone? I am brutally aware that death occurs at any age of life, but as I get older I know more and more people who are dear to me are going to leave this earthly life and go to live eternally in a glorious place! Just as Jesus comforted the disciples before his death, I am comforted by his words:
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. . . . John 14:1-3
Today is the birthday of a dear, sweet friend (Amber Donovan Mathenia) from my college days at Union. She would have been 29 years old. She was killed in a tragic car accident back in January. What a shock to hear of her passing, yet a joy to know that she was a believer and that God had prepared a room for her! It has been about 3 1/2 years since I had seen Amber. . .I saw her at a local hospital as she was coming to visit another dear friend who was having her first baby. I was so glad to get to see Amber and even more excited to meet her little girl, Ellie:) Amber was so much fun, always had encouraging words, had a positive attitude toward every situation, and had the kindest heart! She was everyone's friend! So on this day, the day of her birth, I will try and reflect not on her death, but what her life brought to me and everyone she came in contact with! I will continue to pray for her husband Anthony. . .and her two precious children (Ellie and Isaac). . .I know that they miss her dearly!
Sweet memories from All Sing!

ZTA Big/Little Halloween

Amber with her Big Sis Jeanna and her Lil Sis Michelle

Another All Sing Picture. . So much Fun!

No comments: