Saturday, June 14, 2008

Jack's First Solid Food

It's finally that time . . . Jack is now trying solid food! He has PATIENTLY waited to start eating real food (if you can call rice cereal real food). He did pretty well with his first meal (6/6/08), but as you can see it took a little getting used to. To follow the instructions of our pediatrician, we are feeding him rice cereal for a week or so and slowly going to start introducing each individual veggie and then the fruits!! This is always a fun time when babies start exploring new things:) I know that he is ready to eat solid food as he has been trying to put our food in his mouth at any given grab/chance! Who knew a 6 month old could rip a spoon from your hand or grab a breadstick from your plate? (he has been trying this for months) I know that these are important milestones in little Jack's life and I look foward to each and every one . . . however I can't seem to help feel a little sad that the last 6 months have flown by and my once tiny, sweet, dependent on me baby is now eating solid foods. As his mom, I guess I have to grasp that my little one is growing up! What a precious little boy he is . . . and although it hurts a little I accept that I can not keep him this age forever and look foward to his many achievements to come (sitting, standing, talking) :) God's creations are truly amazing!

No comments: