Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

This morning when I woke up, I could not help but be so thankful for my loving husband, the father of my three beautiful children, my Mr. fix-it, my gardener, my right hand man, my rock, my soulmate, and my best friend! Amazing that I could only be talking about one person. . . . . Brent! Today we are celebrating all the many wonderful things about our fathers! We decided that we would spend the day having fun with the kids, after all who is a father without the kids? Brent has not been with us to the Zoo since we got our membership, and since it was his day we let him choose the activity. He wanted to go to the Zoo. . . of course there were no complaints from the kids. We had a very fun filled day. There were many things that Drew and Kendall wanted daddy to see! We spent time in cat country looking at all the large cats (lions, tigers, leopards), we played on the zoo playground, we went to watch the polar bears have their afternoon snack (fish), we had a picnic lunch, followed by elephant tricks (too cool), snow cones, a ride on the carousel, the giant pandas, the gorillas, and reptile world! There was just so much too see. We concluded the day with a cool dip in the entrance fountain! We were all so HOT. . . this was a great idea! It was a very tiring day, but everyone had a blast (including dad) and that is who really counts today! We love you lots dad for all you do for us! We are all very lucky to have you as our dad! After the Zoo dad decided that he wanted his favorite chinese restaurant for dinner. . . Pei Wei (Yum Yum)! The perfect ending to a perfect day!


Brent and Jack. . .before the adventure began!








We love the Zoo playground!

Jack is such a trooper! He must love the Zoo!

Me and Jack

Brent and Drew. . . they found the Rhino!

The kids loved the carousel!


Wheeeeeee!

The best way to cool off at the Zoo!

1 comment:

Jamie :) said...

Hey Girl!!! Saw your blog on Brent's Facebook! So glad to find it! I have just started the blogging thing myself! Like you, I am doing this more for me! Trying to help myself remember all of these great memories plus I hear you can make a coffee table book out of your blog! I will check back often so I can keep up with you guys! Your kids are precious!! Jack is too cute!! I saw where you said you work some at Germantown Methodist? My brother in law is an Anesthesiologist these some - David Reid? Kind of dorky looking!:) My sister is a nurse and works there one day a month, I think. Tonja Reid? She may have moved by now! Great to find you! Looking forward to keeping up with you guys! Jamie :)